With the recent rise of freedom camping in New Zealand, the country caters to over 60,000 adventure-seeking travellers on an annual basis, and this figure will continue to rise for the next decade at the very least.
However, if you want to experience all that New Zealand has to offer – from the national parks and immaculate beaches to the country’s renowned museums, prominent attractions, and unspoilt scenery – it’s in your best interest to reserve a modified campervan, especially if you want to avoid overpriced accommodations and extortionate restaurants.
Fortunately, you can use this brief exposé as a step-by-step guide to finding the ideal local rental agency, so feel free to follow along as you facilitate your research efforts.
Step One – Focus on the Experience
If you’re seeking out an affordable campervan in Wellington, for instance, the onus is on you to ensure that you’re partnering with a resourceful, widely recognised rental organisation. The most salient information will be found in the “About Us” section on the bottom of the firm’s homepage:
- A long-standing history of providing top-notch service, with over 15 years of travel industry experience.
- An extensive network of agencies, spanning from Australia and New Zealand all the way to the United States.
- A vast selection of travel cars, campervans, and motorhomes – ideally more than 3,500 well-maintained vehicles within the company fleet.
- A robust support network with upwards of 300 in-house crew members.
Step Two – Choose the Perfect Travel Vehicle to Suit Your Needs
Depending on the length of your excursion and intricacy of your itinerary, you’ll have to identify the necessities and amenities that’ll be most important to your travel group. From gas stoves and built-in refrigerators to beds, showers, televisions, solar units, and GPS devices, you’ll be able to select from a wide range of modified travel vehicles to fit your travel plans:
- Economic compact cars
- Four-wheel-drive SUVs
- Eight-seat or 10-seat vans
- Fully-equipped modified campervans
- Mid-size motorhomes that can sleep up to four people
- Full-scale recreational vehicles that can sleep five or more
Step Three – Take Advantage of the Bonuses and Add-Ons
Last but not least, you’ll want to work hand-in-hand with your rental specialist to learn about the in-house bonuses and special offers that can take your excursion to the next level:
- Unlimited kilometre allotment for all vehicles
- Airport shuttle transfers
- On-demand roadside breakdown assistance
- Pickup and drop-off service
- Tailor-made amenities kit, including bedspreads, camping provisions, cutlery, cookware, bath towels, outdoor tables, cleaning supplies, and anything else you might need.
- Inclusive access to a wide range of attractions and events, including mini golf tickets, ski passes, bowling vouchers, kayaking tours, trampoline parks, go-kart tracks, water sports, and a host of other valuable deals.
With this handy guide at your disposal, you’re more than ready to find a fantastic rental partner for your New Zealand getaway!